For comments and suggestions, please use the Evaluation page on this website.
Park Friends Aims
- Provide an integrated series of radio broadcasts, podcasts and a related website with a focus on learning about practical involvement in conservation parks in South Australia by students and adults
- Involve listeners in becoming critically aware of the important work being done by government and by volunteers in maintaining and preserving conservation parks;
- Feature some of the authentic stories of those actively involved in volunteer work, and/or as park users, in our conservation parks, using text, photographs and radio interviews;
- Showcase some of the work being done by schools to encourage ongoing active involvement in conservation parks by students
- Foster participation by families, schools and community/service groups in the maintenance and preservation of our state conservation parks
- Provide some first lifelong learning resources for anyone with an interest in issues around sustainability, biodiversity and park management for various users of parks;
Park Friends Outcomes
- Production of Park Friends, an education for sustainability project through PBA FM in Adelaide, in association with the Friends of Black Hill and Morialta Inc.
- Production of a limited run of three CDs containing all twelve radio programs, for possible use by other community radio stations in South Australia, and copies for the two bodies directly associated with the production of Park Friends.
- Building of a dedicated Park Friends website to support and enhance the project, to include podcasts of all 12 programs, and to provide online feedback and comment from listeners;
- Inclusion of some first materials, discussion starters and/or learning resources to complement and enhance the radio programs and to assist listeners to further explore some of the matters raised in the programs.